Hjälp oss att förbättra webbplatsen – svara på vår enkät!

Ja, tack Nej, tack

Get a handle on your debts and take action

If you have bills you cannot pay or debts registered with us, it is important that you take action. Get help and take control of your finances. Then you can do something about your situation.

Review claims and debts

Take better control of your situation by reviewing your claims and debts. Gather all your bills and go through them. Keep in mind that you may receive bills or other demands by letter, email, or in your digital mailbox. If the claim has been registered as a debt with us, you can view the debt on My Pages.

If you have received an incorrect invoice

If you have received an invoice that is not correct, you must dispute it (object). This means that you notify the company that it is incorrect. Do this as quickly as possible. Read more about how to dispute an invoice on the Hello Consumer website.

Disputing an incorrect invoice

Do you have debts that have been moved to debt collection?

Some companies use a debt collection agency. The debt collection company helps collect the money. The claim can also be transferred to the debt collection company, which then takes over the claim from the company. If you don't pay the company and the claim goes to a debt collection company, you must pay the debt collection company. The debt collection company adds certain costs. Examples of such costs include collection fees, reminder fees, and interest on arrears. Contact the debt collection company to find out the total amount you must pay, including fees and interest. If you cannot pay, contact the debt collection company anyway and try to set up an instalment plan. You can read more on our website.

Contact the person you owe

Do you have claims that have been forwarded to us?

Many people find it distressing that the person who wants to get paid (the applicant) forwards claims to us. But don't lose hope. You can turn your situation around and become debt-free. The important thing is that you act and try to find a solution.

The applicant sends us a demand for payment against you. They want our help to establish the claim in a decision (verdict).

You can log in to My Pages and see claims (orders) we have received. It is important that you respond that you have received the claim. You then need to consider whether you think the claim is correct or incorrect. Is it correct, but you cannot pay? You can then contact the applicant and ask if you can agree on an instalment plan or another solution.

Ta ställning och agera på ett krav (in Swedish)

The applicant can then request that we collect the debt. This means that we can decide that part of your salary or some of your assets, such as money in the bank, shares, or your car, shall be used to pay the debt.

Do you have debts with us?

You can log in to My Pages and view your debts. If you can pay anything towards your debts, you make the payment to us. For example, did you know you can pay by Swish?

My debts (in Swedish)

Use the debt forecasting tool

The debt forecasting tool is available on My Pages. You can use it to see how your debts are likely to develop in the coming years. The development depends, for example, on how much you can pay voluntarily or how much we can attach from your salary.

Debt restructuring

Sometimes, people with debts are unable to pay them, even in the long term. In some cases, debt restructuring may be an option.

Debt restructuring, debtor

Young people and debt restructuring

Young adults at the beginning of their working life are often turned down when they apply for debt restructuring. This is partly because they have many years to pay off their debts. If you are young and in debt, there is other help available. Contact your municipality's budget and debt advice service. You can find contact details on the Hello Consumer website.

Kommunal budget- och skuldrådgivning (in Swedish)

Record of non-payment

If you don't pay your bills on time, you may get a record of non-payment or 'black mark', as it is often called. The credit reporting agencies issue records of non-payment. Please contact them if you have any questions.

If you have a record of non-payment, it will be much more difficult for you to take out a loan or rent a flat, for example. The record usually remains for three years.

You can find more information on records of non-payment on the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection website.

Payment default records

For entrepreneurs

Are you an entrepreneur who wants to become debt-free? Read more on the website about what applies to you.

Support for entrepreneurs